Azure web app domain license missing

January 4, 2024 11:41 AM

Overview I am currently working on deploying an upgraded XbK project to our Azure hosted UAT environment. The project was upgraded from version 26 and is now at 27.0.1.

After deploying I get errors when trying to access the site. The errors point to a missing license for the azure app's domain however we previosuly did not need a license for the app domain since traffic went through the custom domain.

Is there something I am potentially overlooking?

Deployment steps When deploying I followed the following high level steps:

• Deployed published code to UAT environment.
  • Targeted UAT environment from local and ran DB upgrade command.
  • Ran CD command targeting UAT environment.

All steps were executed successfully. Afterward, I could access the admin, and I can see my site channel and all the content types in the tree.

Errors Although I can see the content in the tree, I cannot access each content items content or preview. If I click on a node I get an internal server error. See Eventlog point 1 for event log errors first few lines of stack trace.

If I try access the site using the assigned domain which worked pre-upgrade I get a 404 error. See Eventlog point 2 for event log errors first few lines of stack trace.

Event Log errors

• An unhandled exception has occurred while executing the request. Message: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'container')

Exception type: System.ArgumentNullException Stack trace: at Kentico.Xperience.Admin.Base.Forms.FormDataBinder.Bind(ICollection1 components, IDataContainer container, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Kentico.Xperience.Admin.Base.Forms.FormComponentsFormUtils.Bind(ICollection1 components, IDataContainer container, IFormContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

• Connection ID "16573246630334065470", Request ID "80006b3f-0000-e600-b63f-84710c7967bb": An unhandled exception was thrown by the application. Message: You don't have a valid license for the domain 'web app domain'. License status: Missing license

Exception type: System.InvalidOperationException Stack trace: at Kentico.Web.Mvc.ApplicationSetup.LicenseCheckerMiddleware.CheckLicenseForCurrentDomain(String domain)

Environment

• Xperience by Kentico version: [27.0.1]
  • .NET version: [6]
  • Deployment environment: [Azure]

Answers

January 4, 2024 2:48 PM

I managed to resolve this by rolling back the DB and being more selective about which objects restored using CD. So the issue must have been due to an object I restored.

To answer this question, you have to login first.