Checkboxes form field set to 'Required' not working correctly

January 8, 2024 9:30 PM

When you add a Checkboxes field to a form in the form builder and set it to "required", all options need to be checked in order to pass validation on the front end.

On a mandatory multiple selection control I would think it should be that at least ONE option is checked to successfully validate rather than ALL of them needing to be checked.

Thank you!

Environment

• Xperience by Kentico version: 28.1.1
  • .NET version: 6
  • Deployment environment: Azure

Answers

January 10, 2024 2:51 PM

@fcalvo Interesting. I tried to reproduce this on the Community Portal form on the home page, locally, but was unable to.

I recorded a video of the test.

Maybe there is something else in the form configuration or JS on the site that is impacting the submission validation?

January 11, 2024 4:00 PM

Definitelly not working like that for us. Investigating more now.

THank you for doing the video.

January 12, 2024 4:36 PM

Sean, if there an example of a form with a required multiple checkboxes on V28.1.1 that we can inspect?

We followed the documentation verbatim on this: https://docs.xperience.io/xp/developers-and-admins/development/builders/form-builder/form-widget-customization#Formwidgetcustomization-Addcontextualmarkuptoformfields

February 6, 2024 10:51 PM

@fcalvo can you reproduce this on an unmodified Dancing Goat solution using the latest version of Xperience (v28.2.1 currently)?

If you can, then I'd recommend opening a support request to determine if it's a bug.

To answer this question, you have to login first.